Cute Monkeys in Monkey Forest, Ubud

monkey galau

Monkey Forest is the most impressive and memorable place that I visited when I traveled to Bali last December 2013. Located in Ubud, it’s a sanctuary for monkeys which originally live in the surrounding area for ages. There are so many cute and funny monkeys, and it was the first time I got so close to them. Look at the picture above, it’s funny, isn’t it?

I love the expression of the monkey. It looked upset, I think. Or maybe it was feeling a bit lonely. But whatever it felt, when I saw it in front of Pura Padang Tegal, the temple inside the Monkey Forest, it reminded me to this anonymous quote;

“The most difficult phase of life is not when no one understand you, it is when you don’t understand yourself.”

How do you think? 😀

Advertisements

12 Comments Add yours

1. Mabel Kwong says:

I think the monkey, or monyet, looks sad. I think it’s hungry and wants a banana! I LOVE monkeys, so seeing your monkey post by chance today put a smile on my face! 🙂

1. noe says:

Yea.. he looked so sad at the time. Maybe you r right about banana, so dont forget to bring them once you come to monkey forest 😉

1. Mabel Kwong says:

Oh, I will! I am sure I will be very popular with the monkeys there! I hope they don’t bite my face off 🙂

2. noe says:

Haha… they will not bite you, maybe just a little kisses. 😆

2. Lusi says:

The monkey is a boy hihihii…. Keep it up mak. It’s perfect!

1. noe says:

Hihi.. pasti karena itu ya.. 😀

3. yusmei says:

Mon yetnya sih lucu2 mbak…tapi suka ngrebutin barang2…jadi agak ngeri hihihi

1. noe says:

Iyak betuulll… aku disana sempet rebutan jaketku yg hampir diambil sm monyet. Xixixi.. jd kudu hati2 😉

4. cute he is…and a bit scarying, too :D…looks like he’s ready to eat you :D…anyway, expressive photo indeed :D..

1. noe says:

If it eat you, I guess that you’re look like banana. Hahaha… *kiddinh 😉

5. Muna Sungkar says:

Cute monkey.. but I wouldn’t go near him if he is upset 😛

1. noe says:

Hahaha… it called ‘Monyet Galau’ in bahasa Indonesia. But you don’t be afraid, they won’t bother you as long as you don’t disturb them. 😉